Wednesday, January 25, 2006

New plans for the future ...

Well, I'm still very happy with my mac set up, but there are still a few things that I want to add in the near future and it seems that it's going to be getting easier in the future as well. Here's the list of what I want to get done in 2006:

1. Cell phone integration

this is a very big issue at the moment because I think it would be damn cool to use Blue Phone Elite and whenever I get a call it'll pause my music. I plan on using the Nokia N80

2. GPS

This is one of the main reasons why I installed the system. I get lost. a lot. so the sooner Garmin goes Mac Friendly the better. The link is to the press release about Garmin's new plans to have mac compatibility for all of their products by the end of the year.

3. Re-Wireing / better screen integration

Well, my wiring job wasn't the best and I'm getting some ground noise so I want to rewire everything this summer. It'll probably be around the time when I replace my speakers as well if I have to. I made the mistake of not putting shields over my speakers so I'm just waiting for them to crap out from water damage, but no problems so far. /knock on wood.

as for my screen, it was a thrown together mount anyway so I want to figure out a really clean and secure way to remount it. Maybe even get a bigger screen, who knows.

4. Voice Recognition

How cool would it be to just say "pause" and the music pauses. enough said.

5. A good front end!

The one I'm using now, iKarr, is okay, not amazing though. There's a new one being worked on as I type this which shows promise. Dash Run

6. Steering wheel controls

I haven't even attempted anykind of fix for this yet but I have some ideas (mostly busting apart a wireless remote and retrofitting it behind the current controls.)

Extra:

So the last thing I really want to get done on my car is some form of automation. I have no idea how it would work yet but idealy I would press one button and my windows would go down to a set point and my sunroof would slide into the "vent" position. It would be my "smoking mode" button and when I pressed it again to disengage it some kind of airfreshener would be released into the air as well and all the windows would close. I'm still thinking about the posibilities of this, if anyone has any ideas feel free to email me.


so that's that. I'll have more updates as I make more progress.
best of luck to anyone undertaking similar projects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home